15% OFF + FREE SHIPPING ON U.S. ORDERS FRI-TUES | NO CODE NEEDED
April 21, 2019
Earth Day is here! Whether you’re starting to see the blooming buds or can’t see anything through the blanket of snow, our actions are making an impact on our planet. I’m all about spreading kindness through travel and that includes Mama Earth! From exploring on foot to ditching the dreaded plastic bags, there are a ton of ways to be more compassionate to our planet when we’re on vacay mode. Check out my top 10 tips for traveling with a little more eco-love.
1. Explore your destination on foot. This is my favorite way to see a new city anyway! You don’t have to worry about missing out on anything when you’re underground on the train or in a car and you could stumble across some local hidden gems! If you do need to go further, I suggest renting a bicycle or using public transit when necessary.
2. Carry your own reusable water bottle. I like to use one with a filter so I can save plastic (and money) by refilling it in the hotel room.
3. Get your coffee (and meals) “for here”. Enjoy the scenery at a local cafe and do a little people-watching. It’s easy to want to jam-pack your day with activities and grab something on-the-go, but it’s so much more relaxing (and eco-friendly!) to just chill out and enjoy the break.
4. Reuse your towels and sheets in the hotel. Most hotels have some system of requesting this, whether it’s a quick call, a comment card, or simply hanging them up. I usually keep the Do Not Disturb sign on the room to save them from messing with it at all.
5. Turn off the lights and TV when you leave the hotel. I’m guilty of this sometimes, too, but why is this a thing? We wouldn’t do this at home, would we? It’s simply just a big waste of energy.
6. Think twice about your clothes. Pack light, re-wear clothes, only wash when you have a full load, and when you do, use cold water. And please don’t pack everything in separate plastic bags, especially if they’re only used once. Try packing cubes, toiletry organizers, or…
7. Use the blingsling® instead. In addition to saving endless plastic baggies, it’s made from reclaimed fabric AND it keeps your jewelry from tangling!
8. Stay on the paths when hiking. This has gotten some press with the latest super bloom here in Cali, but no matter where you’re exploring, you don’t know what kind of environment you could be destroying to get that picture.
9. Recycle! A lot of major cities are getting on board with having bins around town, but you can hang on to your extras until you find one, or at the very least, please please please don’t litter.
10. Give back to the planet on vacation. Find a way to plant a tree, pick up trash, or volunteer with a group through sites like https://www.volunteerhq.org/.
Travel isn’t necessarily the most eco-friendly thing you can do, but if you ask me, there are still TONS of benefits to it and plenty of ways to make it just a little more environmentally friendly. What are your favorite tips, clever girl? Let me know in the comments!
Happy (eco-) travels!
Love. Inspire. Grow. Enjoy.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 24, 2019
August 08, 2019